Kolkata is a budding market for the fashion enthusiasts of India. Many great designers are ruling the fashion world with their works like Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Anamika Khanna, Ritu Kumar, just to name a few among others. The Fashion trends of the cultural capital of India has been remarkable over the years. Recently our team got in touch with the celebrity stylist and fashion designer of Tollywood Mr. Indroneel Mukherjee to know about his tastes and ideas for the fashion industry.
1) We would like to know something about your background?
– I’m born & brought up in New Delhi. Studied Fashion Design from Istituto Marangoni, Milano Italy. Started my brand IM in 2012 which majorly deals in Women’s Western wear & Cocktail Blouses.
2) Why did you decide to choose fashion designing as a career?
– Even as a child clothes have always fascinated me, i used to cut my mom’s sarees n stitch up outfits for my Barbie dolls. I loved to create, try something different so eventually i answered my calling.
3) What according to you is a favourite part of being a fashion designer?
– Being able to create & make the women look beautiful.
4) The designs which you’ve created are exceptionally good! Would you like to share who and which things are your inspiration while creating such designs?
– I get inspired by anything & everything around me. Whatever speaks to me is what i interpret in my designs. I have a very bold & aggressive personality. Strangely some of my clients tell me they feel like me in my creations, so maybe a part of my personality too rubs of on my creations.
5)What do you consider the important facets of the fashion industry?
– Well, I think its all about being creative, being innovative & above all being a trend setter & not a follower.
6)What according to you is your greatest strength or weakness?
– Greatest strength will be my confidence & greatest weakness will be food. I’m a full-on foodie.
7)Would you share something about your personal style?
– Well, I am bold & I love dressing up against the norms. I sport a bald head so I love experimenting with headgears. Also, I get complimented often for my neckpieces, scarves & stoles.
8) As a renowned designer, what is your view of the current Indian fashion industry and its influence in our day to day life?
– The Fashion Industry in India is growing.
Though demonetisation & GST has affected us to a certain extent, but I’m sure we will bounce back soon.
9) Was it challenging for you to create your own individual identity as a designer?
– Not really!! I purposely chose western wear as most of the designers deal in Traditional Ethnic wear. The ones who make western add on a fusion element to it or create on conservative lines. So now the situation is such that whenever anyone wants to look sexy & glamorous, they approach me.
10)What is your biggest design pet peeve?
– I guess when people try & dress in outfits that is totally wrong for them. If you are not confident or comfortable with an outfit, then please DON’T wear it! Trust me it will show & you will not look your best.
11)What would be your fashion tips for Indian women?
– Please be happy with your body-type. Confidence is the only outfit that matters. If you have that then anything you wear will look fabulous.
12)What are future plans down the road?
– I don’t think so far ahead. I believe in living in the moment.
13)What 5 words would describe you as a person?
14)What advice would you like to give to the budding fashion designers?
– Just do your thing! Listen to your heart!! Believe in yourself !!
15) Any message for our readers?
– Never give up on any dream. They will come true if you keep trying.
For more such exciting interviews and updates stay tuned with Daily Icons.