1) How did it all start for you?
A- It started all of a sudden . It wasn’t planned either but when I saw DJ MNH (Manish Patwa) playing some really good music that was the day when the thought of being a DJ gave me a feel good factor . Then I made up my mind to get into it.
2) Who is your biggest inspiration?
A- The biggest inspiration to me is DJ MNH (Manish Patwa) . He is the one who actually inspired me to become a DJ .
3) What is your opinion on the nightlife scene of Kolkata?
A- The current nightlife of kolkata has changed and grown a lot . We are in the Era where people know what is music and they actually enjoy different styles of music.
4) Where do you see the scene of music headed five years from now?
A- Five years from now it will be more like an Open Format where all genre of music will enjoyed and appreciated.
5) What is that one mistake a lot of upcoming DJs are making? What advice would you like to give to the aspiring DJ’s?
A- Rather then figuring out any mistake I focus on learning so that I can learn something new every next day .
As an advice I would say to be comfortable with all kind of music and crowd they get to play for . Its good be specific with there choice of genre but its indeed better to know what all genre are there and how to play with them . One should develop a habit of not saying no to any genre , we are here for Music & Music unites us . We must learn to Respect all genres and yes to Respect all the DJs too . At the end of the day *Our Work is Our Workshop and Music is Our God* !
6) What is that one sub genre of music you think doesn’t get the attention it deserves?
A- There is a huge difference in the music scene of now 2017 than of late 10 yrs back . Now there are people who enjoys all kind of music and attends it too . So if you see the current scenario there is nothing as such.
7) What is it that you love about the DJ scene?
A- The best thing about DJ scene is we get to travel many places and experience many things with all type of people around the globe and making them dance on our tunes.
8) What is something that bugs you about the DJ scene?
A- The only thing that bugs me is that people are less intrested to give importance to the local acts . At the end we need more of love and support from our homies .
Support your own people that’s it.
9) What is your opinion regarding the difference between the old school DJing where everything was restricted to Vinyl and modern DJing where most tracks are never put on any physical medium before or after release?
A- The old school DJing is way more tough than the digital DJing we are into now . Lately the things are changing and its going more into the digital side of it .
Yes , there are a lot of difference between both of them but also old school will always retain the position it had and will always have . It all started from there so it will always be the daddy.
10) What is that one song that never gets old for you no matter how many times you hear or play it?
A- There are infact many songs which are evergreen to me but talking about one it will be always be *Ishq Tadpave of Sukhbir* . No matter where we are and what we are doing If this song gets played then no one can stop dancing, atleast I can stop dancing .
We deeply thank Khyati, for taking time out to speak with us.
Stay tuned for more such awe inspiring stories.