Now that summer has arrived, skin gets affected by the sun’s radiation resulting in skin getting tanned. Some suffers from skin dullness, rashes and sun burn Inspite of using sunscreen. It is very important to take care of your skin during summer. Here we list few simple home remedies to keep your skin nourished and protect it from sun tan.
1. Lemon Juice : Lemon juice is very effective in curing sun tan because of its bleaching properties. It is rich in vitamin C and citric acid which help in lightening skin tone and help you to get a clear skin.
● Apply fresh lemon juice directly on the affected area. Let it dry. Wash it off with water.
● Add some sugar to lemon juice and apply it on the affected area. Keep it for 2-3 minutes and rinse off. Repeat it twice or thrice a week for fast result.
2. Aloe Vera : It is a boon for skin problems. It has good tan removal qualities. It not only moisturizes your skin but also rejuvenates and hydrates it. It helps lighten the skin within a week if applied daily.
● Before going to bed apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected area and wash the skin in the morning.
● You can also add some lemon juice to aloe vera gel and apply it on the affected area. Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off with water.
3. Cucumber : It works as wonder for skin. It contains 96% water of its contents and hence hydrates the skin. It has cooling effect that soothes and moisturises skin reducing sun tan. It also contains magnesium, potassium,vitamin A,B and C which are good for skin.
● You can directly apply it on the affected area. Just take a fresh cucumber slice and rub it on your skin. It will remove your skin tan.
● Take 2 table spoon of fresh cucumber juice,1 table spoon of lime juice and a pinch of turmeric. Mix it well. Apply this mixture on the affected area. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash off with water.
4. Milk : Raw milk and milk cream are also very effective in curing skin tan. It moiturises and nourishes the skin to the deep layers of skin.
● Take a small amount of milk,a pinch of turmeric and some lemon juice. Mix it well. Apply this mixture on the affected areas and leave it to dry. Then rinse off with water.
● Add a pinch of saffron in fresh milk and leave it overnight. Next morning apply the solution on skin after stiring well. This will make your skin glow and will help to lighten it.
5. Yoghurt : The antibacterial quality of yoghurt is helpful for treating sun tan. It contains lactic acid which nourishes and moisturizes the skin. It also contains vitamin B5 that brightens the dull skin and vitamin B12 lightens the skin complexion. It tightens the skin pores and it has anti ageing qualities.
● Massage your skin gently with yoghurt for few minutes, then rinse off with lukewarm water. For best results, repeat it daily.
● Grate 1/2 cucumber and mix it with 3 tablespoon of yoghurt. Apply this mixture on skin and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. For best result, repeat it thrice a week.