It’s not always necessary to go to parlor for pedicure. You can follow some easy steps at home and get it done. Here are the steps.
1. Remove the old nail polish with a ball of cotton soaked in nail polish remover.
2. Smoothing out the nail surface and top of it is very important as this will give your nail polish an even tone. Use the buffing pad that is easily available in the market, to file down the rough edges.
3. Get some luke warm water in a tumbler and mix a spoonful salt along with some drops of herbal shampoo to it. Mix it well. Now dip your feet in it for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. When the feet become soft, it’s time to scrub them well. Use scrubber to remove dead cells. You can use scrub cream as well.
5. Use a pumic stone to soften and rough edges and light cracks.
6. Now it’s the time for moisturising your feet. Before moisturing them wash them with normal water and dry them with towel. Any cream based moisturiser will be good to apply. You can use olive oil or almond oil instead. This will make your feet soft and supple.
7. Now it’s the time for base coat. Use a light shade base coat which will help your nail polish to shine.
8. At last you will apply the final coat of nail polish. Choose a perfect shade of nail polish and apply carefully. You can also go for trendy nail art if you like.