1) Cinnamon :- Cinnamon is a great herb to treat sore throat. It has antibacterial properties which helps soothes the throat. > Mix a few drops of cinnamon oil and one teaspoon of pure honey. Drink it twice a day to get relief from the pain and inflammation. > Add one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and black pepper powder to a glass of warm water. Cardamom can also be added. Strain the solution and gargle with it twice or thrice a day. > Mix 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger,1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tbsp honey in a cup of hot water. Drink it right away.
2) Salt water :- Gargling with salt water is one of the best ways to get relief from a sore throat. Salt water works like an antiseptic and draws water out of swollen mucus membrane and reduces swelling and pain and gives instant relief. i> Gargle with a glass of warm water mixed with one-half teaspoon of salt. You can also add a small amount of honey to it. ii>Do not swallow it. Spit the water out after gargling. For best results repeat at least four times a day.
3) Garlic :- Garlic is a natural antibiotic, anti-viral and anti-bacterial. It is one of the best effective and fastest acting natural remedies to help treat or prevent sore throat. > Eating a raw garlic clove daily will help kill the bacteria that may be causing the sore throat. > Add a few drops of garlic oil to 1/4th cup of water and gargle with it once daily.
4) Lemon :- Fresh lemon can be used to get relief from a sore throat as they remove mucus, kills bacteria and also dull the pain in sore spots. > Gargle with freshly pressed lemon juice mixed with an equal amount of warm water. You can also gargle with straight line juice. > Take the juice from half a lemon and one teaspoon of honey and mix them in one cup of warm water. Sip it slowly. It will give relief to a sore throat. > Take half a lemon and sprinkle salt and pepper over it and lick the lemon.
5) Turmeric :- Turmeric has powerful antiseptic and anti-inflammatoy properties. It is a great remedy for sore throat. > Mix 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and 1/2 half teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water. Gargle with it twice daily. > Add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one of ground black pepper to a glass of warm milk. Drink it before going to bed.